Monday, November 6, 2017

Connection Paragraph (The Outsiders)


After Reading Organizer: To help organize your blog


I chose things from the poem “What Love Isn’t” that I thought could be connected to the Outsiders. The connection I saw from the poem was how the Greasers were treated unfairly, outside of the group of Greasers.
A quote from the poem “never pretty or clean. It stinks - you can smell it coming” made me think about how people see the Greasers. Dirty, no good , useless and unwanted people.
Another quote from the poem actually put a picture in my mind about where the Greasers lived. “It is not a five star stay. It is not compliments and it is never flattery.” That made me think about how the Greasers, that they lived on the ‘poor’ side of town.
All in all though the Greasers had it rough. They were judged by people who we much DIFFERENT from them, they were never given a chance to be seen as, well, just regular people. They are definitely not perfect people because they did do some things that weren’t so good but hey, there just people.



No comments:

Post a Comment